Girl Museum is seeking submissions of original artwork from female artists who explore girlhood and the experience of displacement – those who have had to redefine and re-examine identity in light of new environments. Whether it is missing the country in which you were born, a longing for new surroundings, or a desire to connect with a sense of ‘home’, we want to hear about your experience.
We are particularly interested in how perceptions and expressions of the female experience, particularly girlhood, can differ depending on social norms and contexts, but any work under this broad umbrella is welcome.
All forms of artistic media (including video, audio, images, and text) are included in this call. Since we are a virtual museum, all work must be submitted in digital formats – either digitally created or photographed/scanned.
Please send the following to Scarlett at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Up to 5 artworks (no more than 8 files) in .jpg or .png format (max 200 dpi).
- Please include title, date, and alt-descriptions of the works.
- A link to relevant works in an online portfolio (if applicable).
- If your work is video, let us know and we can discuss the best way to send large files.
- Please note that in order to present on our website, we will request the video be uploaded to Girl Museum’s YouTube channel.
- Your name, CV, and a short (100-word) biography.
- An artist statement about the works, maximum 500 words.
Please note that ALL files will be deleted after the selection process. If your work is chosen, we will request high-resolution images for the exhibition.
The deadline for submissions is April 15th. The exhibition launches on March 1, 2021.
If you have any queries, please send them to Scarlett (email@example.com). We look forward to seeing your work.
-Scarlett Evans, Manager, Contemporary Art